Smoothies can be found everywhere today, from small corner organic shops to super chain’s such as McDonald’s, Wawa, Starbucks. We aren’t complaining because we love a cold fruity smoothie, especially on a hot summer day or when there just isn’t quite enough time for lunch.
Smoothies are super easy to make at home with a blender, or mega blender like the Ninja. They’re not only easy, but they’re super healthy and affordable to make too, plus you can tailor it to your tastebuds. Easily add protein to kick up the health benefits or as a meal replacement.
Here are 10 easy recipes from the Food Network. Let us know what your favorite concoctions are too!
1. Banana Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
2. Strawberry-Banana Blend 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.
3. Strawberry Shortcake Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1 1/2 cups each milk and ice, and sugar to taste. Top with whipped cream and more strawberries.
4. Triple-Berry Blend 1 1/2 cups mixed blackberries, strawberries and raspberries with 1 cup each milk and ice, and sugar to taste.
5. Raspberry-Orange Blend 1 cup each orange juice and raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup ice, and sugar to taste.
6. Peach-Mango-Banana Blend 1 cup each chopped fresh or frozen peaches and mango, 1 cup each plain yogurt and ice, 1/2 banana, and sugar to taste.
7. Honeydew-Almond Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup each almond milk and ice, and honey to taste.
8. Cantaloupe Blend 2 cups chopped cantaloupe, the juice of 1/2 lime, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup water and 1 cup ice.
9. Carrot-Apple Blend 1 cup each carrot juice and apple juice with 1 1/2 cups ice.
10. Spa Cucumber Peel, seed and chop 2 medium cucumbers. Blend with the juice of 1 lime, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice and 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar or honey.
Want to grab a smoothie on the go? Try one of these local spots:
Smoothie King – 1625 Chestnut Street #207 & 1101 Market Street
Yellow Juice Bar – 2046 Sansom Street, Rittenhouse Square
Ryan Crowns Juice Club – 1425 Arch Street
Jamba Juice – 8500 Essington Ave