Winter 2016 has arrived in full-force and Philadelphia’s first major snowstorm of the season is on it’s way. While the snow certainly makes for stunning scenic photographs around the city, the combination of freezing temperatures, high winds, and wet snow can wreak havoc on your beauty routine.
Here are five hair tips to ensure your snow-day selfies look as beautiful as the surrounding landscape!
- Being inside a heated room is like putting your hair under a hairdryer all day. Dry heat + cold air = brittle hair! Shea Butter and deep conditioning treatments can help protect your hair by locking in the moisture. Take it a step further by adding a humidifier to your home.
- Goodbye static! Avoid looking like a science experiment gone bad. Carry a few sheets of dryer sheets and gently rub the sheets over your tresses to eliminate the static and stay smooth.
- Don’t hit the snooze button! Leave yourself time to blow dry your hair in the morning. Besides leading to a cold head, wet hair can cause freeze on cold days leading to split and broken strands.
- Wear a hat or hood to protect your strands, but add in a rich leave-in conditioner to avoid fly away strands when you remove your cap.
- White flakes falling from the sky? Beautiful! White flakes falling from your dry scalp? Gross! Don’t allow your exposure to dry heat lead to dandruff or dry scalp.
Happy snow day, Philadelphia!
Zyn Beauty understands what it’s like for busy women to be short on the time and information needed to meet their beauty needs.
In developing the concept of Zyn Beauty, founders Zakiya Black and Nirvana Dove asked themselves how they could minimize the many obstacles that stand in the way of busy women looking and feeling their best, not just on special occasions or once in a while, but everyday! “Beauty should be a lifestyle, not a luxury! With a fresh hairstyle or perfect makeup, we all stand a little taller, smile a little brighter and walk with a bit more pep in our step, and every woman deserves that! It’s much easier to do your best when you feel your best.
Since its launch in 2014, Zyn Beauty clients are grateful for this not-so-secret mobile beauty secret! Zyn Beauty offers hair and make-up services to busy women, at affordable prices, in their homes, offices, hotels, or other convenient locations of their choice. The Zyn Beauy Team brings salon quality hair and makeup experiences directly to their clients and eliminates the need to book appointments at multiple locations. Clients can go to their website to book appointments at times and locations that are convenient for them. The Zyn woman is short on time but high on style! If that’s you, book your beauty appointment on-line at www.zynbeauty.com today!