Memorial Day is quickly approaching and with that all our favorite summer desserts will fill our bellies with refreshing ingredients such as fresh fruit, whipped cream and YUM!
Here’s a great patriotic themed dessert just in time for the Memorial Day holiday weekend, that is sure to be healthy and delicious!
Maia’s Patriotic Cheese Cake
Any prepared pie crust of your liking. Maia’s recommends a whole wheat crust for extra fiber.
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese (must be softened)
1/4 cup sugar max (depending on your sweet tooth, you might be able to get away with less to save on some calories)
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz vanilla Maia Yogurt (or your favorite variety)
2 egg whites
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
8 oz fresh strawberries, sliced
8 oz fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Slowly beat in Maia yogurt, egg whites, and flour. Do not over beat.
3. Pour into pie crust.
4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until center looks set. Turn off oven and bring cake to room temperature.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
6. Garnish with fresh blueberries and strawberries.
7. Watch your BBQ guests’ eyes light up with delight.
*Maia’s Yogurts are available at all local Philadelphia Superfresh stores, or try your own favorite yogurt and let us know what you think!