After a successful season at its temporary location at City Hall in 2016, Christmas Village is happy to announce, that it will make the move back to newly renovated LOVE Park in 2017.
Returning for its 10th anniversary season, Christmas Village in Philadelphia will transform Love Park into an authentic German Christmas market. As in past years, the event will be open from Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23th) through Christmas Eve (Sunday, December 24th) with a Preview Weekend on November 18th and 19th.
Over 80 local and international vendors will await the visitors in their traditional wooden booths, offering Holiday gifts, ornaments, jewelry and high-quality arts and crafts. Everybody is sure to find the perfect gifts for their beloved ones!
Come and enjoy European foods, sweets and drinks, such as Bratwurst, Schnitzel and Lebkuchen (gingerbread) or our special hot Gluehwein (mulled wine). Watch daily live performances by local bands, dance groups and many more on the Christmas Village stage.
Don’t miss: The festive Käthe Wohlfahrt tent features popular Christmas gifts from Germany, including glass ornaments, music boxes, nutcrackers and incense smokers.
Summary of 2017 highlights:
– Be excited for Christmas Villages’ return to newly renovated Love Park
– Meet the original Christkind from Nuremberg/Germany when she opens the market within our Grand Opening Ceremony on November 26th, 2017
– Enjoy exclusive Wine Tasting Events in co-operation with Chaddsford Winery
– Grab your friends and swing by at our Ho Ho Happy Hour! Take advantage of discounted foods and drinks in a relaxed after work atmosphere
– Take a ride on our vintage carousel and relive your childhood memories
– Sip a hot chocolate out of our new 2017 collectors mug
Once again, Christmas Village will be accompanied by the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market, which features more than 20 local arts and craft vendors. From November 18th, 2017 until January 1st, 2018 its white tents with their Herrhut stars atop, will pop up at Dilworth Park – right across from Christmas Village.
Come and experience Philadelphia’s Best Family Event, voted by the Philly Happening List, with your beloved ones! To get more information about our vendors and programming, visit our website http://philachristmas.com/ or simply get connected on social media channels.
Times and Dates of Christmas Village in Philadelphia:
Thanksgiving (November 23th) till Christmas Eve (December 24th)
Preview Weekend: November 18th and 19th
Sun. – Thur.: 11am – 7pm
Fri. – Sat.: 11am – 8pm
Thanksgiving Day: 9 am – 5 pm
Christmas Eve: 11 am – 5 pm