Returning for its 12th season, Christmas Village is happy to announce, that it will once again set up in the newly renovated LOVE Park to put Center City in the mood for the winter holidays.
Once again, Christmas Village in Philadelphia will transform Love Park into an authentic German Christmas market. The event will open Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 28th) and run through Christmas Eve (Tuesday, December 24th) with a Preview Weekend on November 23rd and 24th.
Over 80 local and international vendors will await the visitors in their traditional wooden booths, offering Holiday gifts, ornaments, jewelry, high-quality arts and crafts. Everybody is sure to find unique gifts for their beloved ones that can’t be found in a shopping mall!
Come and enjoy European foods, sweets and drinks, such as Bratwurst, Schnitzel and Lebkuchen (gingerbread) or our special hot Glühwein (mulled wine). Watch daily live performances by local bands, dance groups and artists on the Christmas Village stage and experience one of our themed weekends or special weekday events, such as Wine and Beer Tastings or St. Nikolaus Day.
Don’t miss: The festive Käthe Wohlfahrt tent features popular Christmas gifts from Germany, including glass ornaments, music boxes, nutcrackers, schwibbogen and incense smokers.
Christmas Village Carousel and more vendors are extending festivities to the City Hall Courtyard.
Summary of 2019 highlights:
– Be excited for Christmas Villages’ return to Love Park, with additional decoration elements, unique vendors as well as our new and festive Christmas tree
– Meet the original Christkind from Nuremberg/Germany when she opens the market within our Grand Opening Ceremony on Sunday, December 1st, 2019
– Enjoy exclusive Wine Tasting Events in partnership with Chaddsford Winery, which are held twice a week, or raise a glass at the weekly Beer Tasting Event
– Wash down a delicious Bratwurst with a locally brewed beer from Brewery Techne from Fairmount Avenue at our cozy Beer Garden Area “The Alm”
– Grab your friends and swing by at our HoHo Happy Hour! Take advantage of discounted foods and drinks in a relaxed after work atmosphere
– Sip a hot chocolate out of our new 2019 collectors mug
Once again, Christmas Village will be accompanied by the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market, which features more almost 50 local arts and craft vendors. From November 23rd, 2019 until January 1st, 2020 the white tents with a Herrnhut star atop, will pop up at Dilworth Park – right in front of City Hall and across the street from Christmas Village.
Come and experience Philadelphia’s Best Outdoor Event and Best Family Event of 2019, voted by the Philly Happening List, with your beloved ones! To get more information about our vendors, programming and events, visit our website (www.philachristmas.com) or simply follow us on social media (#philachristmas).
Times and Dates of Christmas Village in Philadelphia 2019:
Thanksgiving Day till Christmas Eve (November 28th – December 24th)
Preview Weekend: November 23rd and 24th
Sunday – Thursday: 11am – 7pm
Friday – Saturday: 11am – 8pm
Thanksgiving Day: 9 am – 5 pm
Christmas Eve: 11 am – 5 pm
JFK Plaza, 1500 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
Admission is free, so come by and enjoy the festive traditional Holiday atmosphere all month long.