The only improv comedy festival in the world devoted to comic duos starts today, Wednesday, June 1, at Philly Improv Theater. DÜOFEST features 32 acts from all over North America. It runs through Saturday, June 4 at Philly Improv Theater, 2030 Sansom Street. Tickets to individual shows, or an all-access pass, are available at http://duofest.com/2016/.
Philly Improv Theatre’s Improv Producer, Kristen Schier provided these five reasons why DÜOFEST is a must-see:
1. It’s hilarious! On the spot comedy made just for you.
2. The nation’s best come to you! We have duo’s coming from Los Angeles, San Diego Edmonton Alberta, Toronto, Boston, Austin Minneapolis, New York City, and more.
3. It’s cheap! A festival pass is only $49 and that gets you into every single show at DÜOFEST from the 1st to the 4th. Believe me it’s a lot of shows! Tickets to individual shows are also really inexpensive.
4. Get off your couch! Yes, you. Bring your friends! Hang out. Live theater, spontaneous comedy, might costs less than a movie ticket but it’s worth soo much more.
5. Get inspired! Need to get away from the everyday? Improvisation is an amazing art that teaches boldness and creativity along with support cooperation. Watching two people create whole worlds and characters with such confidence and magic will inspire you.